Evaluations should serve programmatic needs to ensure that high-quality initiatives are developed, are reaching program goals, and are tested for effectiveness. To provide guidance on evaluating overdose fatality review (OFR) initiatives, the CDC developed the Evaluation Profile for Overdose Fatality Reviews as a companion document to the Overdose Fatality Review: A Practitioner’s Guide to Implementation.
This webinar will provide advice on the types of evaluation questions, indicators, data sources, and data collection methods that may be used to evaluate OFRs and highlight an OFR experience using these tools to evaluate their initiative.
During the webinar, the presenters will:
- Explain the need for evaluation.
- Outline how to evaluate an OFR.
- Highlight the use of OFR evaluation tools.
- Mallory O'Brien, MS, Ph.D., Senior Policy Advisor, BJA COSSAP and Consultant, IPA, CDC (Welcome)
- Melissa Heinen, BSN, MPH, Senior Research Associate, IIR (Moderator)
- Christina Galardi, MPH, MCRP, South Carolina Public Health Analyst, Overdose Response Strategy (Presenter)
- Minda D. Reed, MD, MPH, CDC Health Scientist/Evaluator (Presenter)
- Adreana D. Tipton, MPH, CDC Evaluator/ORISE Fellow (Presenter)